Let Multicare help you create a Changing Places toilet
What is a Changing Places toilet?
Changing Places toilets are distinct from standard accessible toilets (or “disabled toilets”) – they have extra space, specialist equipment and other features such as paper towel holder, shower and privacy curtain.
Changing Places toilets are designed to meet the needs of severely disabled users with conditions such as Motor Neurone Disease, MS, and CP. They provide a safe and clean environment where personal care needs can be met, with the appropriate equipment, whilst they are out and about.
Where are they fitted?
Changing Places toilets are fitted in a variety of buildings – anywhere where a disabled persons may require toileting facilities. Examples of where Multicare have fitted Changing Places Toilet include
- Leisure Centres
- Town Halls
- Office Blocks
- Shopping centres
What equipment is required for a Changing Places toilet?
As a minimum it should include:
Standard equipment also often includes:
- Shower – TMV3 controlled
- Paper towel dispenser
- Colostomy bag shelf
- Privacy curtain
Depending on the budget, the following items are also supplied:
- Height adjustable basin
- Auto wash dry W/C
- Height adjustable toilet
How can Multicare help?
- Design – we will design your changing places toilet for you, simply send us a drawing of your proposed room and we will do the rest
- Budget – working within your budget, we will identify the equipment most appropriate for your needs, and produce a firm cost plan
- Supply – by choosing us as your supplier, we will coordinate all the equipment to ensure it works as specified
- Installation we install all the equipment using our own trained engineers
- Training – you receive a full training session from our in-house trainer
- Maintenance – we offer a range of maintenance and extended warranty packages for all of your ongoing requirements.
Join the conversation on Twitter! #ChangingPlaces
Contact Multicare today to discuss your Changing Places project.